Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blog Talk at Southwestern University

Posted by Kevin Ray N. Chua on 10:07:00 AM 0 comments

I was geared up to have my 1st Blog Talk outside of CIT University entitled "Promoting Advocacy through Online Media" last February 12, 2011. I delivered the same presentation to my fellow CIT University students last February 2, 2011 at the CIT University Auditorium for the Special Topics subject.

Receiving a certificate from Ms. Christine Joy Alcain of SWU CCS

Upon invitation of Ms. Christin Joy Alcain from Southwestern University College of Computer Studies and fellow blogger Mark Monta, I didn't hesitate to share what I have learned in blogging for the past 7 years of my life. The blog talk was part of their 25th year celebration of their college. The attendees were from 1st year to 4th years Computer Studies students of Southwestern University.

The SWU CCS students listening to an overview on my talk

It was good to note that most of them are aware what social media is and are now willing to use it to promote their advocacy whether it be environmental protection or good governance or anything else. I also imparted to them on how to use Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Blogger as tools in promoting their advocacy but always remember, social media alone is not enough. It's role is to complement that traditional way as of now.

Opening my 1st Blog Talk outside of CIT University

I would also like to thank the Southwestern University College of Computer Studies for the invitation (where excellence is a virtue). It was an honor for me to share my knowledge to the students and to meet them personally. This one's for the good start! :D

Together with CBSi Founder Mark Monta
Photos courtesy of Mark Monta.



0 Responses so far:

Leave a Reply