Sunday, August 2, 2009

Technologians salute you Tita Cory!

Posted by Kevin Ray N. Chua on 2:15:00 PM 0 comments

When I woke up Saturday morning, an online friend of mine sent me a text message informing me the death of former President Cory Aquino. What supposed to be a happy morning for me, as I and my friends in the Cebu Bloggers Society were going to have a beach escapade at Sumilon Bluewater Island Resort, turned to be sober.


Yes, it's hard to accept what happened. But I realized that we must leave all things to the Almighty One. Tita Cory's death also taught me a valuable lesson: Others first before yourself. This thing is seldom practiced by us. We prefer to prioritize ourselves first before others. Tita Cory's was different. Even on her hospital bed, she would prefer to ask on how are people around her and the nation doing, rather than herself.

Being an icon of democracy and also the first woman President of the Philippines, we thank her so much for her contribution to our history. She was a woman of courage and faith, despite being left behind by his husband, a national hero, former Senator Ninoy Aquino.

We share the grief that Tita Cory's family and relatives feel and so does the world.

In behalf of all the men and women of Cebu Institute of Technology, we salute you Tita Cory. Thank you for your service to our nation and you will be forever in our hearts.

Let us pray for the eternal repose of the soul of Tita Cory.



0 Responses so far:

Leave a Reply