Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bo's Coffee, a proud Cebuano and Filipino product

Posted by Kevin Ray N. Chua on 12:48:00 AM 4 comments

I am never used to staying at coffee shops but certainly, it was a great thing to be part of a bloggers event of Bo's Coffee. The coffee shop started in June 1996 when Steve Benitez opened the first Bo's Coffee in Ayala Center Cebu.

Invited bloggers were divided into two timeslots. I, along with fellow bloggers Vernon Joseph Go, Bjornson Bernales and Debbie Rojonan were placed on the 3 PM timeslot. We were at the Capitol Branch of Bo's Coffee.

Quick fact was that at the same branch, Cebu Bloggers Society (CBS) was formed through the help of Winston Almendras. It was surely a place for me to reminisce the time when CBS was still on its early stage.

During the event, I was able to met quickly Bo's Coffee President and CEO Steve Benitez, who is also a proud Cebuano. I didn't knew that there was a meeting room in the Capitol Branch. Mr. Benitez was there along with other officials of Bo's Coffee for a meeting.

We were able to taste their new offerings and will surely be available this year.

Food for the Gods
I never knew this one but once you taste it, the Food for the Gods will surely be on your list when you relax at Bo's Coffee. It's a muffin-like stuff but with the sweet taste. Every bits and pieces are really worth munching.
Cookie for the Gods
Now this one is really for the Gods. Here's a cookie version of the Food for the Gods and still with the same taste and sweetness. It comes in a plastic sheet that covers the cookie. The crisp of the cookie really tells you to take time on eating it and savoring one bite at a time.
Super Moist Chocolate Cake
This one really got hooked on my taste buds. The Super Moist Chocolate Cake has that taste that would really make you eat more. It's black chocolate cover really entices you to have one. Yum yum!

Don't forget to visit Bo's Coffee's official (and revamped) website at http://www.boscoffee.com and their official blog at http://blog.boscoffee.com.



4 Responses so far:

p. cook said...

I do believe that when Bo's first opened in Cebu I was one of the first to come marching in. There's just something about writing, coffee and coffee shops that mix...

I miss Cebu and I wish I could be a part of CBS but I've been away for six years now

Unknown said...

Hi Kevin, thanks so much for blogging about us! Looking forward to our next event :)

Kevin Ray N. Chua said...
Kevin Ray N. Chua said...

Leave a Reply