Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Yahoo! Philippines Executives at Cebu

Posted by Kevin Ray N. Chua on 12:02:00 AM 0 comments

It was a Thursday night meet-up. I was in school and still wearing my school uniform. The rainy night prompted me to take a taxi to TGI Fridays located at the Ayala Terraces. It was my first time to be at TGI Fridays so I wondered what food they have.

Cebu bloggers with the Yahoo! Philippines Executives. Credits to Jerome Locson.

Most of the bloggers were already inside TGI Fridays and upon entering, I saw my fellow bloggers with the Yahoo! Philippines executives. I had the privilege to meet the Yahoo! Philippines Country Manager Jack Madrid and Yahoo! Philippines Country Editor Erwin Oliva, whom I know as Cyberbaguioboy.

Bloggers who were there were Jerome Locson, Mark Monta, Agnes Jimenez, Kriztian Etulle, Bjornson Bernales, Wilhelmina Sarawi, Jaysee Pingkian, Zyza Esmeña, Guada Esmeña, Rabsin dela Cruz and radio broadcaster Jun Tariman.

Mr. Madrid was really an outgoing person and he got to know each and everyone of us. I didn't even realized that Mr. Madrid and Mr. Oliva knew a lot about me. Now I was really amazed with that. :O

During the meet-up, Mr. Madrid admitted that it's really hard to beat Google but Yahoo! is taking a different track. Instead on focusing more on search, Yahoo! is now taking its track on socializing the web. As far as I am concerned, I read more at Yahoo! for new than on Google.

2011 is a bright year for Yahoo! and with Yahoo! Philippines, it has succeeded in localizing their site for Filipinos. Some bloggers have also been contributing to Yahoo! Philippines' Fit to Post. I wonder if I can contribute there also.

You should remember that the official portal page of Yahoo! Philippines is ph.yahoo.com.



0 Responses so far:

Leave a Reply