Monday, January 3, 2011

Visayas Blogging Summit 2010 at Iloilo City

Posted by Kevin Ray N. Chua on 11:29:00 PM 0 comments

I, Ronnell Padillo, Alvin Dalion and Mark Anthony Razonable left Cebu City around the 5:55 PM for Iloilo City last November 26, 2010, a day before the much anticipated Visayas Blogging Summit 2010.

Visayas Blogging Summit 2010 and Philippine Blog Awards 2010 - Visayas Leg
It was a first of a kind for Visayas and most of the bloggers from Cebu were really at Iloilo City for the said gathering. Organized by the Iloilo Bloggers and held at SM Cinema 2 of SM City Iloilo, I never thought if I could attend the event due to financial constraints. Thanks to some of our college's high-ranking officials and my high school alma mater, Don Vicente Rama Memorial National High School, I was able to make my attendance from a dream into a reality.

The summit had a lot of speakers and were of full caliber. Though it started late, we were really there to listen to them until the end of the summit. There were a lot of giveaways and information that I got.

Later that evening, the Visayas leg of the Philippine Blog Awards 2010 was held at The Avenue. Rio told me that the area where The Avenue was located was quite like the IT Park of Cebu City but of a different style. I have observed also that more young people are roaming there.

The sumptuous dinner, the bloggers from different places and the victors of the blog awards really completed the night. I also had the honor to talk alongside the event one of my online blogging friends, the youngest Councilor of Iloilo, JP PeƱol. We earlier met at the summit. It was really a fruitful conversation which was centered mostly on politics.

This year, Cebu City is poised to hold the 2nd Visayas Blogging Summit and hopefully, more speakers would be sharing their insights to their colleagues. I'm excited for this one! :D
Flight take-off from Cebu to Iloilo with Alvin Dalion
Fellow bloggers Mark Anthony Razonable and Ronnell Padillo
If there's a UP in Cebu, well, there's also at Iloilo
Taking my picture at the famous La Paz Public Market, the home of the Original La Paz Batchoy
Me with Alvin Dalion taking an order for our breakfast
With bloggers Jayvee, Blogie, Rio, Mark, Alvin, Ronnell, Rio and Fitz at The Avenue
Me at the Philippine Blog Awards 2010 - Visayas Leg
With Tita Janette Toral
Click here to see more of my Facebook photos during my Iloilo trip.



0 Responses so far:

Leave a Reply