Friday, December 4, 2009

Political Arena: The political information hub of Filipino voters

Posted by Kevin Ray N. Chua on 4:18:00 PM 0 comments

Now, here's a political site that best complements me, the political blogger. A few weeks after it was launched, I already joined its community of Filipino voters who want to be informed about the candidates in 2010 that's unbiased and sides no one. I'm talking about Politicalarena.com, the Philippines’ first socio-political networking site that gives voter education online.



It is on high gear to educate first-time voters and encourage participation in the 2010 national elections. With its partnership with the COMELEC, PPCRV and Youth Vote Philippines, it promotes voters’ education through special online features. Nowadays, social networking has become an important part of most Filipinos and this site has it to better know on who should have your vote in the upcoming elections. It's taking voter education to a higher level.

I am a member of the site since June 17, 2009. I was able to ask 2 questions which are: "Are you open to the proposal of lowering the voting age from 18 years old to 16 years old? Why or why not?" and "Are you open to reforming, abolishing or maintaining the status quo of the Sangguniang Kabataan?" but still, no answers from the candidates in relation to these political issues. I want to know their positions on these matters too being a student leader and a part of the youth sector. On lowering the voting age from 18 to 16, I agree a study must be done before this must be implemented. After all, a 16 year-old Filipino nowadays are becoming more aware of the political issues around them. On the Sangguniang Kabataan, I must confess that I'm in favor of having it abolished and instead provide youth representatives in every City and Town councils to represent the youth. But I'm still open to any reforms of this institution which it badly needs and not necessarily abolishing it. If there are any ideas about it, I would be glad to hear those.

I am also proud of showing my support to Noynoy Aquino for President and Mar Roxas for Vice President in my account.

I have also posted a short video blog on the site about Mar Roxas' bloggers meet-up last June 2009.

The site also provides a political forum for users to interact with other users and talk about the current issues, the candidates and suggestions on how we can make the Philippines a better nation. With this site, Filipino voters will be able to be informed unlike the past elections where voters are just voting because of their popularity and not the platform.

Politicalarena.com operates under the network of 88DB.com, the Philippines’ first rich media service portal.



0 Responses so far:

Leave a Reply